Student Visa

Information on student visas for New Zealand

You will need to obtain a student visa to study in New Zealand. You can apply for a student visa through Immigration New Zealand (INZ) or through your agent located overseas.

How to apply for a student visa

  1. Fill in our online application form to study at University of Waikato College
  2. Once we have assessed your application, we will send you an Offer of Place
  3. Pay the fees listed in your Offer of Place or Invoice
  4. Once we have received payment, the University will send you a Receipt
  5. The Offer of Placement and Receipt will need to be submitted to Immigration New Zealand as part of your visa application
  6. If you are under 18 years of age, you will need to ensure that you have appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements
  7. Submit your visa application form, supporting documents and fee to your education agent or direct to Immigration New Zealand